Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bloggers drink-up aka smoothie update...


Luckily, I don't spend all my time seated at my desk - even writers have to get out-and-about, sometimes... The cocktail theme, that featured in Born in the Gardens was also significant, earlier in the week, when I was invited to Diageo's headquarters, in London's Henrietta Place.

Unsurprisingly, for eminent drinks producers, there was a truly stunning bar (for staff, or by invitation only). Expert mixologists were kept busy, creating variants on the renowned Moscow Mule, inspired by invited London bloggers individual preferences. Using the requisite triple-distilled Smirnoff Red vodka, ginger ale and lime - as a base - their creativity flowed, along with the cocktails...

My love for a berry smoothie didn't go unnoticed: an amethyst-tinged, alcohol-infused long drink appeared; the mule ingredients complemented by fresh 'muddled' blueberries, mint, coconut cream and cardomom syrup. Unusual, refreshing, quite delicious and many degrees more alcoholic than my usual fruity blend. Thank goodness for the inclusion of plenty of ice cubes...


Photo courtesy of Chris Osburn

2 comments:

CarolineLD said...

Sounds gorgeous - I love coconut and cardamom...

arlene k said...

It was delicious and very pretty but more for special events than a daily tipple (in case anyone is worried about how easily corruptible I am!):-)