Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The one about the egg in the night...


There I was last night, sound asleep, until a noisy group of near neighbours - a couple of roads away - awoke me from my sweet slumbers.  I got out of bed and glanced out of the bedroom window, into my garden, where I spotted an odd looking sprinkling of what appeared to be leaves or petals on the decking.  So I wandered downstairs and went out for a closer look...

On the decking I found the 'sprinkling' to be a semi-smashed boiled egg.  My house is mid-terrace and there's only one set of neighbours around at the moment, not their style to throw an egg into the garden... I'm mystified!  It wasn't there when I went out into the garden earlier that evening... Any ideas to help me solve the mystery?  Could it have been a fox who was startled and then left his snack there?

No comments: