Friday, June 13, 2008

Anyone for tennis?

You'll see from my review, below, how lucky I was to attend the Stella Artois yesterday and how much I enjoyed it...  Worth visiting if you get the chance!  (It's the last year of the vibrant red Artois sponsorship...)

Aside from the tennis itself, I bumped into lovely, amazonian M&S superstar model, Erin O'Connor, in the ladies loos.  The creamy-complexioned, gaelic beauty looked cool and composed in an elegant navy and cream tea dress (doubt if it was Marks and Spencer's finest) and flat ballet pumps, as she pouted at her reflection in the mirror.

While I waited for my companion - in the corridor - I spotted Scottish doubles hero, Jamie Murray catching-up with his mates.  Spectating Nadal and Nishikori - three balconies along - I saw elegantly-suited Michael Parkinson and his chic wife, Mary, enjoying the proceedings. On my next visit to the loo(!), in-between matches, I was right behind delectably muscled - number one seed - Nadal and his minder...

If you want to give yourself a London tennis treat, the Stella Artois at Queen's Club is a one minute stroll from Baron's Court tube or around eight minutes walk from Hammersmith.


No comments: