Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Floral Moments

"Oh, to be in England! Now that April's there"... so said Robert Browning, in 'Home Thoughts from Abroad' in the 19th Century.

 
We've been lucky, in London, this April (especially over the past few days) with gorgeous sunshine and relatively balmy temperatures.  I love my little garden, so thought I should share some pics with you... Daffodils aren't usually one of favourites but I couldn't resist these little cuties, to the left (above) on my marble table.

It's a shame you can't get the full benefits of the apple blossom, to the right in this picture - it's very lovely... I adore the contrast with the vast rosemary bush beneath (one of my favourite scents - very invigorating and clean) strewn with delightful lilac-purple flowers.

Inside my little house, the deliciously fragrant theme continues with these stunningly gorgeous, deeply-scented pink lilies.  Ah! little pleasures...

No comments: