Friday, June 25, 2010

Going to Seed

You might know by now that I'm a fan of healthy eating (with the odd bit of naughtiness thrown-in, for good measure).  So, I was keen to taste test the latest version of Munchy Seeds that came my way recently. I've long been a fan of the company's delicious nibbles and found these at least as good as I had anticipated.
Comprising apricot kernels, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds; dressed in a tasty savoury combination of koji, seasalt and soy - they sell at £3.50, for 200g.  They're a brilliant munch, all on their own, but also wonderful for sprinkling on salads and stir fries.  The only downside, for me, is that it's a challenge to stop dipping-in, once I've opened the pack...

3 comments:

Gledwood said...

I used to live in a very middle class house in London with actors, an artist, a furniture maker, an Alexander teacher and a yoga teacher... the yoga teacher ate some amazing food. One of her dishes was fresh salad with toasted seeds, like the ones you pictured. So yummy!

arlene k said...

Sounds like an entertaining house...!

Munchy Seeds said...

Hi Amethyst
We've just read your post, glad you like our seeds! Follow us on twitter @munchyseeds or our blog for recipe ideas