Sunday, March 30, 2008

spring forward!


I never really classify myself as suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) - in its true medical sense - but phew!, do I breathe a huge sigh of relief, when the clocks go forward and I can relish the prospect of longer, light-filled evenings, and brighter, more temperate days. I think I’m with the majority in wishing that we didn’t have to go through the six monthly clock-changing palaver. What a waste, and oh!, what a difference it would make, if we could have that extra evening hour of natural light, in the gloomier winter months, too. It’s a whole time-worn debate, I know, but along with many I believe it's become an outdated tradition.

What a shame, for the Oxford and Cambridge rowing teams, that they couldn’t have had their moment today, rather than yesterday... On that theme - combined with the delightful anticipation of longer evenings - I have to share a beautiful photo I took, last summer, of a stunning sunset over Putney Bridge.

No comments: