Saturday, May 3, 2008

To be a Mayor...

It's been a long wait for Londoners to officially discover the identity of their new Mayor.  Quite extraordinary how long it took to complete the count, of not much more than 6 million votes, yet nothing in comparison with Zimbabwe's scandal and shame.
As for the result... do you know Boris?  He's pretty distinctive and recognisable; to many best-known as bumbling Boris or Boris the buffoon.  I guess I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt but NO!, I didn't vote for him...  I just hope that he will surround himself with an effective, good, strong, fair, honest and honorable team (if that's possible in modern politics...)

In his acceptance speech, he highlighted the 'huge divisions between rich and poor' and how he will 'focus on the priorities of the people of London' so that he can 'earn people's trust'.  I hope he doesn't let us down or have cause to swallow his words...

No comments: